Fresh Around Town
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum Show in the works.

+8
O.G. Fresh
JDMwannabee
ChattG35
manilikecars
that300zguy
Dave
austink
Rblevins
12 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Forum Show in the works. Empty Forum Show in the works.

Post by Rblevins Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:58 pm

Ok so a few of us have been approached with the idea to make some money for the forum and to put that money to use for forum Get togethers and outings fro everyone. There is money to be made for the forum outside of just asking for donations, and I dunno bout yall but I hate just asking for donations. So the idea has arisen to host a forum sponsored show.

I myself actually hosted a benefit show last year in June, to raise money for a few familys that lost some family members due to drug overdose, And it turned out a hit I had about 50 cars show up and was a blast. I put alot of time and money in the show but came back out of it with my money back out of the show, and had hundreds to donate to the 3 families.

Now with that being said It would not be a benefit show but we as a forum would donate some of the proceeds to a charity of our choice as this would not only get us out there but would also help us make for a good cause in the community. And the remainder would be to help us grow as a forum and take us on group outings and pay for some of our dinners we do on a weekly basis.

I am extremely interested in doing something like this but would like to get some ideas on who would be interested in making this idea go further. Could be a great way to get your name out there as a Vender, Shop, Photographer, Etc...

A few of us even talked about going to a few venders here in Chattanooga and talking with them about making an appearance, such as All Star Tint and Alarm, King Audio, Tuners Car Audio, the Vw dealership, Etc..

Trophies and plaques are inexpensive and food can be purchased in bulk. Only things left are sound for the show and a fairly large place to host an event such as this oh and of course we would have to have some form of security. And The Sound as we know it Is covered by "Studio B Productions". Now we have a few ideas in the works and would like some more as well. (Keep in mind anywhere by the mall is almost out because of having to have such a large insurance requirement to host there. And just about any parking garage down town is owned by the city and that is almost going to be a definate NO from the city due to city regulations.)

But with that all said and out in the open Please post your ideas here as this is becoming more and more real as the ideas come in. And for those of you wishing to move this forward please contact me here with what your looking to do to make this go off with a great turn out. It will help us out as a show and as a forum to get just that much bigger. We have a date we are kind of pushing towards and would also like your input on this as well, the date is as follows The saturday before Halloween Which is the 29th of October or the Saturday prior to that which is the 22nd of October. Please Let us know you thoughts.

THANKS,
ADMIN and MODERATORS
Rblevins
Rblevins
Admin

https://fresharoundtown.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Forum Show in the works. Empty Re: Forum Show in the works.

Post by austink Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:29 pm

hmm me and a friend were discussing getting together and trying to get a show at the tn pavillion at finley stadium plenty of parking for show cars, vendors, and spectators. I think it would be a great spot. Also get in touch with local radio stations.
austink
austink
Because Race Car

Back to top Go down

Post by Rblevins Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:37 pm

Yea Radio stations cost an arm and a Leg to have present just from experience from working at a haunted house in ooltewah it cost like 3k for 4 hours but finley stadium is going to be one of those who requires a fairly large insurance requirement unfoortunately I tried that one last year. This is going to have to be something similar to a school or a larger business parking lot that would let us do it there, the one I hosted was at Lakeview FortO. High school. and they were free of charge. just had to have a generator for sound equipment.
Rblevins
Rblevins
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by austink Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:42 pm

ah, well I wouldn't have the radio station present just advertise and as for the place, I have no clue not from here haha.
austink
austink
Because Race Car

Back to top Go down

Post by Rblevins Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:50 pm

Yea I may contact em but I dunno what a radio station commercial would cost either I mean they charge for all that shit thats how they make their money.
Rblevins
Rblevins
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by austink Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:52 pm

yeah, it just depends how many times, and what part of the day and how long...
austink
austink
Because Race Car

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:20 pm

haha we could always do a car show at the fairyland club!!
Dave
Dave
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by that300zguy Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:30 pm

well i can contribute a little lol im the only one working right now but i can hook us up with the advertisement in the free press since i work there and i know people at most of the local parts stores, also can get pretty good discounts because i have connections at wal - mart and sams so any food or drinks or ect. that we need i can save us all some overall cash and smart thing to do is hit up sams can buy stuff in bulk and save alot of cash so thats more back to the forum.
that300zguy
that300zguy
3rd Gear

Back to top Go down

Post by manilikecars Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:33 pm

I know djs in the radio business. I could ask about it.
manilikecars
manilikecars
5th Gear

Back to top Go down

Post by Rblevins Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:36 pm

that300zguy wrote:well i can contribute a little lol im the only one working right now but i can hook us up with the advertisement in the free press since i work there and i know people at most of the local parts stores, also can get pretty good discounts because i have connections at wal - mart and sams so any food or drinks or ect. that we need i can save us all some overall cash and smart thing to do is hit up sams can buy stuff in bulk and save alot of cash so thats more back to the forum.

Oh yea thats is a given we would deff be utilizing sams club for food. And deff buying in bulk.
Rblevins
Rblevins
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rblevins Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:37 pm

manilikecars wrote:I know djs in the radio business. I could ask about it.

Ok cool I mean we wouldnt need a dj or anything bc my dad owns a lighting and sound company. but we wouldnt mind a little free advertising.

But First things first we would have to have a location and a date set in stone....
Rblevins
Rblevins
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by that300zguy Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:38 pm

Oh yea thats is a given we would deff be utilizing sams club for food. And deff buying in bulk.[/quote]

They have the boxes of hamburger patties for like 12 bucks i think theres like 50 - 100 in a box

that300zguy
that300zguy
3rd Gear

Back to top Go down

Post by Rblevins Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:41 pm

Yupp that and Hot dogs is what we used for the lasst show and it was a blast man. We had a few people grilling and we also bought a few boxes of those kinds of chips and a few 24 packs of cokes. and if we ran out we sent someone to get more with earned money.
Rblevins
Rblevins
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by that300zguy Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:41 pm

im not sure what you guys think but what about river front show like in the park or something like right on the river
that300zguy
that300zguy
3rd Gear

Back to top Go down

Post by Rblevins Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:42 pm

Yea its a thought I went to a show back about 3 or 4 years ago called hallofest but was but on by a local mustang car club I may see what we can do to get something like that would be nice.
Rblevins
Rblevins
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by that300zguy Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:52 pm

Rblevins wrote:Yea its a thought I went to a show back about 3 or 4 years ago called hallofest but was but on by a local mustang car club I may see what we can do to get something like that would be nice.

if we could find a river front location with a good city backround would make for some really good pics as well. also what would you guys think about having hats made? my great aunt works in a shirt and hat place that prints images on hats and shirts i could ask her im sure she still works there
that300zguy
that300zguy
3rd Gear

Back to top Go down

Post by Rblevins Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:03 pm

Would be nice for a sale point of view at a show but would have to be something else that funds had to buy if someone were to come up with a sick shirt idea something like brian had on the other night at BWW. This may be considered but you have to think would it be worth the profit we would make?

Lets focus on the location and getting thing to fall together before we start pickin at the details of making shirts and stuff.

Location. (Where, When, No insurance Requirements.)
When (Date.)
Food.
Costs
Advertisement.
Volunteers.

Get the idea. These is what would have to happen before we could move on. and then get shirts printed and get the vendors on board.
Rblevins
Rblevins
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by that300zguy Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:08 pm

Rblevins wrote:Would be nice for a sale point of view at a show but would have to be something else that funds had to buy if someone were to come up with a sick shirt idea something like brian had on the other night at BWW. This may be considered but you have to think would it be worth the profit we would make?

Lets focus on the location and getting thing to fall together before we start pickin at the details of making shirts and stuff.

Location. (Where, When, No insurance Requirements.)
When (Date.)
Food.
Costs
Advertisement.
Volunteers.

Get the idea. These is what would have to happen before we could move on. and then get shirts printed and get the vendors on board.

i get what you mean im not really up in that area a whole lot to really check out locations though
that300zguy
that300zguy
3rd Gear

Back to top Go down

Post by Rblevins Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:15 pm

Hmmmm any ideas or know anyone that is in parks and recreation? If so call em up. Or just start thinking of places and making calls man. Me and Dave are meeting tonight to talk ideas.
Rblevins
Rblevins
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ChattG35 Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:35 pm

i work at a print shop that does shirts and hats like mentioned above and they might be able to put up a tent and print shirts for us that have some of the money made go to us and they might be down being that its advertisement for their company too..if you've been to riverbend downtown the tent that prints all the riverbend shirts is the company i work for..

i know shirts is a last priority and alot has to be done before shirts come into play but its still a thought and might bring some money to the event.
ChattG35
ChattG35
1st Gear

Back to top Go down

Post by ChattG35 Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:38 pm

i think the highschool idea or somewhere like eastgate mall where alot of the parking lot areas arent even full most of the time for a location to give thoughts to.
ChattG35
ChattG35
1st Gear

Back to top Go down

Post by Rblevins Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:47 pm

Yea Eastgate mall is deff in the pipeline I know they just had a show there last weekend, but it wasnt all that great I mean they had a decent turnout but nothing like my first one even was. I may swing by there this monday or tuesday if they are closed for Labor day.
Rblevins
Rblevins
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rblevins Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:48 pm

Only thing that would keep us out and not being able to is if we had to come up with any kind of insurance to be able to do this. The budget is going to come from us as a forum.
Rblevins
Rblevins
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JDMwannabee Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:56 pm

bring the show to mississippi.. we can just all meet up on the beach.. thats enough room for a few thousand cars.. and no insurance needed...

im joking of course.. just let me know when this show happens and ill be there..
JDMwannabee
JDMwannabee
Because Race Car

Back to top Go down

Post by O.G. Fresh Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:26 pm

Git 'R Done!
O.G. Fresh
O.G. Fresh
2nd Gear

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next