Fresh Around Town
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Taylor's 370z...Intro status!

+11
Brents G'd up
Bradade
Mazda Daddy
illest
unii
Dave
function>form
Nismo_34
O.G. Fresh
austink
TACUFF370Z
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Taylor's 370z...Intro status! - Page 2 Empty Re: Taylor's 370z...Intro status!

Post by TACUFF370Z Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:30 pm

Yes, I do like the look of a lowered car and I know mine would look better if it were lowered, but I scrape almost everywhere as it sits. There's been a few times where I've had to touch up my front lip because it has scraped. IMO, soon enough, the slammed look will be out of style. But of course that's just my opinion. The Z is my daily driver and I love the look of it the way I've done it...no other 370 out there like it. I just got my wheels and tires about 3 months ago and they are what I've always wanted and saved for. 305's in the back, who can top that on their import? Corvette numbers right there! Cool If I had saved up and did it all over again, I would have got the Amuse kit no doubt. There is no other body kit out there for ANY car that looks that good.
As for power, the Z is pretty tough and stock faster than most all other cars in its price range. I've got the Stillen G3 intakes (I wouldn't waste my money on any other 370 intakes unless it's these) and the Stillen catback. The Nismo 370 is only 18 more hp than my touring, so I would go out on a limb and say that I would outrun, if not be very close to a nismo in a race.
Overall, if scraping and having wayyy negative wheel gap didn't ruin my car and look ridiculous to me aaand I dont have to worry about stupid camber that ruins your tires within a few months, of course I'd have it done. But, coilovers is a waste of money IMO. Let the haters hate!
Sorry if most of you disagree Smile
TACUFF370Z
TACUFF370Z
Learners Permit

Back to top Go down

Post by ChattG35 Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:40 pm

Well I respect you still taylor. And your a good guy from the time I spent talking to you. And your 370 is clean as hell! Its all about what each of us like and need for our cars and our daily driving..I wouldn't give up my coilovers for anything but if that setup is what your happy with then I'm happy with what you've done bro. Lowered or not! =)
ChattG35
ChattG35
1st Gear

Back to top Go down

Post by TACUFF370Z Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:27 pm

ChattG35 wrote:Well I respect you still taylor. And your a good guy from the time I spent talking to you. And your 370 is clean as hell! Its all about what each of us like and need for our cars and our daily driving..I wouldn't give up my coilovers for anything but if that setup is what your happy with then I'm happy with what you've done bro. Lowered or not! =)

No problem dude. I love your G, super clean. I love my Z but I'm still dying to have my Jeep back. One day, I'll have both again. Lowering my car would just cause a lot of problems for me...plus, I've got to save money since I just got a house! Haha
TACUFF370Z
TACUFF370Z
Learners Permit

Back to top Go down

Post by ChattG35 Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:37 pm

I know you miss the jeep =) you will bro..I know congrats! I wish I could get.a house so I understand!
ChattG35
ChattG35
1st Gear

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazda Daddy Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:43 pm

TACUFF370Z wrote:... But, coilovers is a waste of money IMO. Let the haters hate!
Sorry if most of you disagree Smile....

Taylor's 370z...Intro status! - Page 2 106
Mazda Daddy
Mazda Daddy
2nd Gear

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackestCoupe Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:21 pm

^word. Your definition of having a car for looks, not power is veeeeery different than mine. You do you man.
BlackestCoupe
BlackestCoupe
1st Gear

Back to top Go down

Post by unii Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:12 pm

ChattG35 wrote:I agree..if your tracking/racing your car then yes fucntion plays a big factor in your decision..as if your into form that also plays a role in your modding choices..we all have different tastes like we do in cars..music..movies..girls..clothing..so why make this a big deal? I know a guy named Johnny who is sitting slammed on more stretch and poke than anyone here or most guys in that case who drifts the hell out of his car and is damn good! So you can have both even if you have an aggressive setup..we have to respect each others decisions..not hate..and if you don't respect others taste in cars then just keep it to yourself..this forum was created to unite tha car enthusiasts of the area not to tear us more apart..we can make the same argument about the function guys..why would you want a lame functional setup when you can drop that frame and be the sickest car in town? Lol like blackestcoupe said some of us have no need for a functional setup..so why not slam the bitch to the ground and go as wide as possible and look nastyyyy! and if I had a 370z I wouldn't be slinging the thing around the track..same way I feel about my g35 coupe..so why argue? Let's just all do the right thing! Get coilovers and stretch your tires and be part of the revolution! =) jk but damn it looks great..phew..next topic!

johnny with the red 350? is so he is slammed with very nice wheels even drifts those wheels like you said and has plenty of stockers he drifts with too. with that being said if you were to track it why not switch wheels and tires for track days, plus almost no real "racers" are on radials anyways haha.
unii
unii
2nd Gear

Back to top Go down

Post by TACUFF370Z Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:16 pm

BlackestCoupe wrote:^word. Your definition of having a car for looks, not power is veeeeery different than mine. You do you man.

Don't get me wrong, I love the power of the car, as to why I've done a couple simple bolt on's, but I would rather my car stand out and look unique rather than be able to outrun another car.
TACUFF370Z
TACUFF370Z
Learners Permit

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazda Daddy Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:20 pm

Taylor's 370z...Intro status! - Page 2 Jv2694
Mazda Daddy
Mazda Daddy
2nd Gear

Back to top Go down

Post by unii Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:31 am

TACUFF370Z wrote:
Don't get me wrong, I love the power of the car, as to why I've done a couple simple bolt on's, but I would rather my car stand out and look unique rather than be able to outrun another car.

whats making it stand out from the rest if it not low and wide?
unii
unii
2nd Gear

Back to top Go down

Post by ChattG35 Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:35 am

Yeah that's what I forgot..saying you could have a set of stockers or whatever to take to the track.
ChattG35
ChattG35
1st Gear

Back to top Go down

Post by function>form Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:13 pm

BlackestCoupe wrote:Your definition of having a car for looks, not power is veeeeery different than mine. You do you man.
This.

Last edited by function>form on Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:13 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : edit quote)
function>form
function>form
1st Gear

Back to top Go down

Post by that300zguy Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:26 pm

very nice in the words of my cousin carl....."she sho is purdy mane"
that300zguy
that300zguy
3rd Gear

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazda Daddy Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:38 pm

function>form wrote:
BlackestCoupe wrote:Your definition of having a car for looks, not power is veeeeery different than mine. You do you man.
This.

Where's this goon's intro??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Taylor's 370z...Intro status! - Page 2 Bert1Taylor's 370z...Intro status! - Page 2 Bert1Taylor's 370z...Intro status! - Page 2 Bert1
Mazda Daddy
Mazda Daddy
2nd Gear

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2